Chondroitin sulfate (CS) is a class of glycosaminoglycans that are covalently linked to form proteoglycans on proteins. Chondroitin sulfate is widely distributed in the extracellular matrix and cell surface of animal tissues. The sugar chain is composed of alternating glucuronic acid and N-acetylgalactosamine (also known as N-acetylgalactosamine) disaccharide units through a sugar-like substance. The linker region is attached to the serine residue of the core protein.
1. The main application method in medicine is as a medicine for treating joint diseases. It is used together with glucosamine to have analgesic effect and promote cartilage regeneration, which can fundamentally improve joint problems.
2. Chondroitin sulfate has a protective effect on corneal collagen fibers, can promote the growth of fiber in the matrix, enhance permeability, improve blood circulation, accelerate metabolism, promote the absorption of permeate and eliminate inflammation; its polyanion has strong water retention Sexuality can improve the water metabolism of the cornea tissue, have a strong affinity for the cornea, and form a breathable water-repellent film on the surface of the cornea to improve the symptoms of dry eyes. By promoting the formation of matrix, providing a framework for cell migration, it is beneficial to the migration of corneal epithelial cells, thereby promoting the healing of corneal wounds, the absorption of exudate and the elimination of inflammation.
3. Through high-tech deep processing, can treat neurological headache, trigeminal neuralgia, coronary heart disease, angina pectoris, myocardial hypoxia, cardiovascular and cerebrovascular diseases, joint pain, atherosclerosis and hepatitis, etc., CS also has anticoagulation and The anti-thrombosis effect can also be used for adjuvant treatment of hearing impairment and liver function damage caused by streptomycin and adjuvant treatment of hyperlipemia.
4. It can be used as health care products, food additives, with the body’s physical and anti-bacteria, beauty, anti-aging and other effects. Improves hearing and dry skin. In the body, it can inhibit the absorption of lipids and glucose by the small intestine to achieve weight loss.
CS is widely found in human and animal cartilage tissues. The pharmaceutical preparation mainly contains two isomers of chondroitin sulfate A and chondroitin sulfate C, and the content of chondroitin sulfate in the cartilage of animals of different varieties and ages is different. Its pharmacological effects are as follows:
1.CS can remove lipids and lipoproteins in the blood, remove cholesterol from the blood vessels around the heart, prevent atherosclerosis, and increase the conversion rate of lipids and fatty acids in the cells.
2. CS can effectively prevent coronary heart disease. Anti-atherosclerosis and anti-atherogenic plaque formation in experimental arteriosclerosis models; increased coronary atherosclerosis or collateral circulation in atherosclerosis, and can accelerate the occurrence of experimental coronary arteriosclerosis or embolism Healing, regeneration and repair of myocardial necrosis or degeneration.
3. It can increase the biosynthesis of the cell’s messenger ribonucleic acid (mRNA) and deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) and has the effect of promoting cell metabolism.
4. low anticoagulant activity. Chondroitin sulfate has a mild anticoagulant effect, and each 1 mg of chondroitin sulfate A corresponds to the anticoagulant activity of 0.45 U heparin. This anticoagulant activity does not depend on antithrombin III, which exerts anticoagulant activity through the fibrinogen system.
5. chondroitin sulfate also has anti-inflammatory, accelerate wound healing and anti-tumor effects.